LAHORE – PCB Management Committee’s Chief Najam Sethi on Sunday(feb-26) phoned PM Shehbaz regarding deadlock with the Punjab government over security expenditures of HBL PSL season 8’s Lahore & Rawalpindi leg.
The premier gave PCB Chief Najam Sethi assurance & full support over the issue, sources told Dunya News.
The fate of PSL matches in 2 Punjab cities including the final scheduled to take place in Lahore on March 19 hangs in balance as Punjab’s interim Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi insisted that his cabinet is not willing to back off from the security expenditures for holding the tournament.
Naqvi had told reporters in Lahore that the Punjab government had spent Rs600 mn on the PSL last year, but his cabinet is not ready to bear the expenses this time owing to being an interim setup.
Sethi contacted the premier and briefed him on the issue of security expenses, said the sources, adding that Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif assured the Najam of complete support and assistance.
The PCB chief Najam said that the matches will have to be shifted to Karachi if the government does not stop demanding money for security, refusing to fulfil the demands.
The PCB chief said that the Pakistan Super League is a national tournament & the national institutions are responsible for its arrangements.